Today on the way home from class and I experienced one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me. I had just exited the highway and was sitting at a red light on the service road. My eyes were a little dry and itchy so I rubbed them both. When I opened my eyes my vision was a little blurry.....for those of you who wear contacts you know this isn't too unusual when you rub your eye for your contact to get messed up.....but then,
BOTH OF THE CONTACTS FELL OUT OF MY EYES!!!! AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Now, I've worn contacts since 1993 and can count on one hand how many times a lens has popped out of eye. So I turned the corner and pulled into my neighborhood was able to pull over and tried to find the contacts. I could only find one and when I tried to put it in I dropped it again. I was searching everywhere but couldn't find them. So I continued to drive home, squinting through the pouring rain because I couldn't see a thing!!! To tell you how blind I am, I passed three stop signs and could make out the red octagon but the word never came into focus!!
I did make it home safely and somehow managed to even park the car in the garage without incident. Praise the Lord that I was close to home when this happened because I don't know what I would've done if this had happened to me on the highway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I can't even imagine! I'm just glad you are safe.
Can't wait to see you on Thursday!
Yikes girl!! I have only ONE word for you...LASIK!! :) Glad you made it home safe...can't wait to see you on Thursday!! Yeah!!
Post a Comment