I thought that I liked school....but as I start graduate classes I realize that I really liked the fun part of undergrad---eating in Memorial with all my friends, walking around campus, hanging out, wearing the same tshirt as 200 other girls on the same day (this is such a Baylor thing by the way).
Now that I'm back in school it is all coming crashing back how I sat in the back of classes and slept or worked on other stuff while the professors talked. Or how I was late for almost EVERY meeting of my curriculum design class....it started at 8am on MWF and lasted for two hours....the entire course contained only about two weeks of useful material so I still made an A despite arriving at 8:15-8:20 every morning. I remember skipping all my classes when a big project was due at 5pm.....and just working on it all day.
But now I'm really doing school. I have papers to write and books to read. My school district will reimburse part of my tutition if I get good grades....so I'm motivated to get some money back since we are trying to do this without loans.
It isn't all bad though. I am taking two classes--one on Monday nights and one on Thursday nights. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Thursday night class. I hate Monday nights....so I'm batting 500....not too bad.
And I keep trying to focus on the positive side that I'm only taking one class in the fall and then maybe a wintermester and I'll have 12 hours done by the end of the year. Woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It doesn't quite have the same luster when you take away all your friends in one place, no job, fun parties, and minimal responsibility. I'm proud of you getting it done though...hang in there! :)
SO proud of you for doing this! I know it isn't all the glamorous now, but you will be so excited when it's over...and you'll have a graduate degree! What school are you doing it through? You better let us know when you graduate :o)
I JUST found your blog...oh my goodness...I'm so exctied that you have one! Anyway, funny about school...those memorial memories and XO days did make BU extra fun, didn't they? Hope you're having a great summer!
I JUST found your blog...oh my goodness...I'm so exctied that you have one! Anyway, funny about school...those memorial memories and XO days did make BU extra fun, didn't they? Hope you're having a great summer!
Post a Comment