Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Quest for the Perfect Coffee Table...

We've been on the quest for the perfect coffee table since we bought our house, which means I've been searching for a year and a half. We are currently using the same coffee table Josh had before we were married. It is functional but it is also from IKEA and our dog chewed it a little as a puppy. For those of you who haven't stopped by our home, here is a pic:
I found a great one when we first started looking but had a REALLY REALLY bad experience with the sales woman and the manager. Long story short, when we went to close the deal on a sectional these actual words came out of the managers mouth: "You're young and I'm not sure if you've bought quality furniture before." For the Baylor grads out there, the saleswoman reminded me of Dr. Curry for the curriculum class. UGH!!
Anyway, I haven't been able to find it at another store but here is the pic:

Then we went to Stacy's furniture. Everyone in the DFW metroplex knows the commerical slogan that "If you aren't shopping with Stacy, then you're burning money." Of course we don't want to burn money. There we found a coffee table which might be the one. It is HUGE but it is also the perfect height to sit at while we eat dinner...which is a major plus in a coffee table since we eat at the coffee table a lot more than our kitchen or dining room tables.
So what do you think??

3 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

I like the middle one best- you will love the added storage once your kiddos are taking over the place. Although there is no way that I would have purchased anything from that store after someone spoke to me that way! We have one similar to the last one and we put it in storage for 3 years while our children were mobile but unstable. Good Luck!

Sharee Forman said...

Stupid Saleslady!! I swear that is one of the shadiest businesses, apart from used car sales. You just feel shmoozed no matter what.

I like the second table, it's beautiful! And, I'm totally with you on the eating level thing. Ours is a little too short for that and it drives me a little nuts. :)

Carole said...

I like the 2nd best too, even though we totally eat dinner on our couch as well, so I see the pull for the last one. Good luck!