Monday, July 30, 2007

Today I met the mailman

Today the doorbell rang around 12:15pm. I've been working on my paper and presentation for my grad school class all morning so I'm still in my PJs. So I open the door and there is my mailman. He says, "Did you know the price of stamps went up?"
Actually I did but the stamps I have don't have numbers on them so I thought you could keep using them....he says no....and although he's the mailman and does this for a living I still think I'm right. He says he's been mailing the letters anyway and they've been going through....I figure that I've got 6 stamps with Lady Liberty and no number on them so I'll keep mailing stuff with them.

When I shut the door I caught a glimpse of myself in our mirror in the foyer....nice. I'm sure the mailman was totally impressed by my old Chi O t shirt, my pajama pants and my nice "I was sleeping and then working on a paper" hair do.

1 comment:

Sharee Forman said...

that cracks me up...only because it's 5:00pm and I'm still wearing what I slept in last night. yikes. I've been cleaning out our "junk room" all day and haven't even stopped to change. Yeah, the UPS guy who came today probably thought the same thing! Yeah for days where we can stay in our pj's all day! ;)