Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time to seek shelter....

So, Josh and I are looking for a house. We have a contract on our current one and are scheduled to move out July 14th. The only hitch in our plan is that we currently have no where to move. We've been looking. We've searched a bunch online and been out twice with our realtor and seen about two dozen houses in person.
The main problem I'm running into is that I currently live in a house that I adore. And I haven't adored most (translate to all but 2) of the stuff we've seen.
So last night we went to look at our top two houses back to back to really compare them and see if one of them was the house for us. We met up with our realtor who let us know that house #2 was under contract so we would only be looking at house #1. We were okay with this since house #1 was the front runner anyway.
We looked....
We made an offer....
We're waiting to see what they come back with....

It would certainly be one more major decision checked off the list.

By the way, Baby Weems' arrival date is looming in the near future. We're looking forward to tricking you into visiting us so that you can see our baby and then asking you to help us pack. :)
But don't worry....we're hiring movers so you won't have to help us move because we like you and we want to be still be friends.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Can't wait to hear what happens... where is the house? We'll be in Virginia this weekend trying to find a house in 1.5 days!

D Fam said...

I can't wait for the day I look at your blog and see little baby Weems!! Good luck with the house.

Diana said...

I dread looking for a new home. It's great that you are able to go and look at them near by. John and I will have to do it long distance! Praying for your sweet baby!