Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And the winner is....

Sorry to keep you waiting in suspense about the job offers. I accepted a job on Monday but there were people I had to tell in real life before I could blog about it. There are just certain things that certain people shouldn't find out via the blog world. Blogs are a wonderful way to keep up with folks but they kind of create a barrier in a way too. That is an entirely different post though.

Anyway, I've decided to become the Campus Intervention Specialist at Boyd Elementary in Allen. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm just nervous in general about starting a new job with new people, a new boss, etc etc. Plus, I've never worked at an elementary school before and I know it will be different then middle school---the children are so small!! Hopefully we can get some good internventions in place with the little ones and teach them to read before they get to middle school. :) Of course, any job is going to be a huge adjustment due to the fact that I've been at my current school for the past 6 years.
Hopefully this job will also give me some insight into what it might be like to be an elementary school assistant principal someday since I'll be finishing my master's next summer (hopefully) and then I'll have to decide what exactly I'm going to do with that.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement so many of y'all have given me as I went through this whole job search, interview, decision process.

Our next big decision---where should we live?? Where should Peanut go to day care??

7 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

SHUT UP! You're going to be RIGHT BY ME!!! YAY! I'm so happy for you!

Sharee Forman said...

I'm so excited for you Amy that you have your answer, and of course that you're going to be so close!! :) My good from Lindsay from my lifegroup said you came by or called asking about childcare for little bit. She owns the Kids-R-Kids right by our house, and right across from Boyd!!! It's wonderful and she's wonderful, I don't have enough good things to say about it! Let's talk soon!!

Kelli said...

Yeah - one decision down 99 more to go! Glad you have a job and will be able to get a house soon too, hopefully. Of course you must know that I am not so excited that you'll be so close to the people above, I wish you would be close to me!

Stephanie said...

You will love working in Allen! My sister Leslie is the principal at Anderson Elementary, my mom opened Norton Elementary and Keith was principal at Curtis Middle School for a while. They all have loved the people and students in Allen.

As for daycares, we had Henry in a Primrose and a Children's Courtyard, so if you have any questions I'd love to help!

Steph

Diana said...

That is so much fun- a new job and a new baby! You are very brave. Do you have a name for the little weems?

The Rowe Crew said...

Oh YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Um, I think there are so houses for sell on our block :o)!

Diana said...

wow- that is fun that it is going to be a surprise! I can't wait. You are going to be a mommy!