Well, I had three interviews last week. It would've been exhausting but I took those days off of work....so three days off was pretty nice. Two of those interviews have turned into job offers. I was really hoping for just one job offer.....because then things would be easy. Now I need to decide. The offers are with different districts but the schools are about 15 minutes apart. Salary is about the same in both districts as well. The main difference is the jobs I've been offered.
Job #1--Campus Intervention Specialist. This is pretty much what I do right now except it would be at an elementary school instead of a middle school. I would be in charge of working with teachers and other staff members to develop interventions for struggling students. I would meet with parents to discuss the intervention plans. I would also be the campus testing coordinator...which is kind of a drag but I've done it before so at least I know what to expect. It is definitely more of an administrator job than a teaching job since it will involve a lot more work with adults than with kids. All the people I've met at this school are really nice.
Job #2--Teaching. I know, crazy, right? I've been offered a teaching job....oh wait, I have an education degree and I'm a teacher. The principal said in the interview that they were interested in hiring me and that he is looking for math and science teachers. Cool. It would be a middle school job at an exemplary middle school. For those of you outside the education bubble, exemplary means that all their kids pass TAKS....and I do mean all....99-100%. It is a great school--excellent reputation, brand new building, very nice principal and assistant principal. I'm not sure about going back in the classroom but this might be a great professional opportunity since it is with one of the top school districts in Texas. Also, my friend Melissa who student taught in the classroom next to me 6 years ago is a 7th grade teacher at this school.
So, now I have decisions to make. What do I want to do next year???
I'm suppose to let the principal from Job #1 know by tomorrow afternoon.....Josh and I have talked circles around this situation all weekend. Where is a flashing neon sign when you need one??? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so happy to hear that you have two offers...that is amazing!!! But I know what you mean about wanting a sign...I'll pray that God gives you and Josh clarity, and fast!! But, either way it means you're close, which thrills me!! I'll call you tomorrow to see if your sign has come! Congratulations!
P.S. Justin wants me to ask if you want to buy our house?
Hi Amy! I love your pregnant pics! You look adorable! Good luck on the decision making. It would be nice if God gave us a neon sign, but sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Best of luck!
Stephanie
Ooh, praying for you right now. can't wait to hear where God leads you and I'm TOTALLY pumped it sounds like you'll be close :o)
Ooohhh... tough decision. My prayers are with you. My personal preference would be to actually teach in the classroom, but you might find that the administrative position is a little more flexible for time off etc..., which will be important with a baby at home now. Babies get sick at really inconvenient times! :) You look so cute in your pics! Good Luck!
Post a Comment