I try to limit Noah to only having a pacifier when he is in the crib and going to bed. The other day though he managed to find not one, not two but three binkies. He was crawling around with one in his mouth and one in each hand. He was so happy.
Maybe I'll make it my new goal to get rid of them by his first birthday. My mom always reminds me that I would suck on a pacifier at home until I was almost 4 when it got "lost" in the playroom. I guess I turned out okay....
....I may be losing the binkie battle but I'm determined to win the binkie war!!

5 comments:
Good luck!:-)
I "weaned" Annabelle at 6 month to only having a paci when she is napping or sleeping at night. She's now 18 months and still uses it for sleeping but I don't want to take it away because I know what will happen and I don't want to give up my sleep. I'm a selfish mom I know but it makes her happy and soothes her to sleep so I just don't want to get rid of it.
If you manage to wean Noah, please tell us how you do it. He's a doll by the way.
Amy, In the defense of the pacifier, it has been proven to help decrease the incidence in SIDS and help reduce stress levels in both infants and mothers. I read an article the other day that pediatricians and dentists recommend that you take it away by the time the child is 12-15 months, so don't sweat it. You're doing fine!
And just be thankful it's not his thumb. While it is handy in some ways, Jack is still attached to his thumb. (Yep, he's three.) And,unfortunately I can't simply throw his thumb out. Ughhh!
I will be your paci-buddy! Both of my kids have LOVED their pacis! I let T$ have hers all the time until she was about 18 months. Then it was just in the crib. We took it away for good at 2. theEdge loves his as well and it provides much comfort at one of his least favorite places...the nursery. Heaven knows we are there a lot, so I'll probably let him keep is for a while, too.
BTW, don't you love those Wubbanubs? We have the frog and duck.
Don't stress yourself! The urge to suck can continue until age three for some children. Children who are weaned prior to this often just switch to tongue sucking or other types of self soothing. It could be worse. Tori won't even take a paci, but my other two used them (for sleeping) until over age 2. They have great teeth and seem pretty normal so far....
That's great! I love the triple pacifer shot!
Post a Comment