Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ughh... Oprah

I'm not a big Oprah fan. I know it is almost like un-womanly or un-American or something to say that but for lots of different reasons I'm just not a big fan. I mean it isn't a personal thing. I don't hate her or anything. I just don't usually enjoy her show.

Oprah does however encourage reading and sometimes picks some good books.....and she's picked some classics that I love like Their Eyes Were Watching God and Night. But now she has gone and done it....she has picked one of my favorite books of all time. I've been trying to get Josh to read Pillars of Earth for a while and he just hasn't seemed interested....he even teased me about buying the newest Ken Follet book (a follow up to Pillars of Earth) because it is about 1000 pages long and he doesn't know when I'll have time to read it let alone finish it with grad school and what not....anyway, well how am I going to convince him now that it is going to have the big Oprah seal on the front of it??? I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to seen trecking through the airports of America (mainly DFW and Hobby though) with an Oprah book. Maybe I can order a copy quick off of amazon before they print those big O's on them. Despite the fact that I love the book I don't own a copy because I borrowed it from my dad....hmmm, maybe he still has it.

Anyway, if you haven't read Pillars of the Earth I highly recommend picking it up. In fact, all of this talk about it has made me determined to start the sequel this weekend.

Side note: The version with the O on the cover is $5 more than the book without.

No comments: