
The beautiful and amazing Ava joined our family yesterday afternoon. She has a head full of dark hair and big blue eyes. We are all over the moon in love with her....I think my sister summed it up best last night with, "How can I be so in love with someone I didn't know existed a few days ago?"
Adoption is a beautiful thing. Ava's birthday is August 16th which is also the anniversary of when my sister was diagnosed with cancer 6 years ago.
We spent yesterday evening oohhing and ahhing over everything she did (which was mainly sleeping although there was a bath involved that didn't seem like much fun for Ava) and I miss her already. I'm so sad that I can't go back over there tonight because I have to work.
I can't wait to see her again!! Needless to say, Ava already has her Aunt Yo-yo and her Uncle Josh wrapped around her little finger.....

10 comments:
amy - that is the best post i've read all day! what a wonderful blessing to your sister, and your entire family! congrats to each of you!
She is so adorable! Congrats to your family. I can't wait to see more pics Aunt yo-yo. BTW - where did you come up with your aunt name?
Congratulations, Amy! What an incredible story. Can't wait to see more updates and pictures. :)
She is beautiful! I almost started crying when I saw her picture. I'm so happy for you all!
She's precious Amy! It's so exciting - I'm sure Greg and Barb are ecstatic!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been praying and hoping so much for them! God is SO good :o)
And she's got a rockin' Aunt and Uncle too :o)
Oh my goodness, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a complete gift from God!!!
Congratulations to your family! She is precious!!!
so, i'm a little behind, but what exciting news! congrats to your family - i have no doubts that you'll be a very fun aunt!!
Oh my gosh she is beautiful!!!!! So she was 2 months old when they got her? agh, they must be so happy!!!!!
Post a Comment