Today is my last day of summer. I officially go back to work tomorrow. Although I have been at school on and off all summer it is different once it is "official." I have inservice the rest of the week and orientation for the kids on Saturday. Then we'll start the school year off with a bang on Monday, August 27th. It is weird because this is my first school year to not have a classroom of kids to prepare for. There is still a ton of work to do but it is a different type of work. In fact, I have more to prepare for inservice week then for the first few days of school.
In honor of this last day of summer I treated myself to a manicure/pedicure. The girl asked me if I wanted a flower put on my toe. I didn't really understand what she asked but said yes anyway. I look down from my magazine moments later and she is putting little white dots on my big toe. I figure "What the heck." It is summery and I know it will impress my cheerleaders at practice tomorrow. I'm all about being down with the 7th grade crowd. (Kidding!).
I also have a doctor's appointment today because I have to squeeze everything in before school starts. Actually I make a big list of "to do's" at the beginning of the summer.....and then try to get them all done during the last week.....so I also have a ton of errands to do that are probably not going to get completely.
I still need to pick out an outfit to wear tomorrow too.....the attire for inservice is "casual--no shorts" but I'm giving a presentation and I have a feeling that my boss will be wearing "professional attire." So, I guess I should dress for the job I want.
HAPPY LAST DAY OF SUMMER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Enjoy your last day!!!
BTW: I have flowers on my big toes too, they are my summertime treat :)
I hope you had a great last day, Amy! Call me!
Hey girl...I just caught up on your blog...you're a hoot! Anyway...happy last day of summer! I know that when I get back into the swing of things I always seem to get more done. I bet you're like me...loving a schedule! Anyway...your post about my BIG camera and the 'hold it half way and then all the way' comments were hillarious...I LOVE my camera...I have the same one I did in collge but the digital version. It's the Canon EOS Digital Rebel! I have been very happy with it! Happy hunting and Happy Back to School!
Post a Comment