So, suddenly I look up and find that I'm six months pregnant. The image that best describes my life right now is plate spinning. My plate isn't just full....there are several of them spinning in motion and I must keep them all spinning. (Thanks Carol S for providing me with this image weeks ago in reference to a totally different situation. I want to give credit where credit is due.)
Anyway, so suddenly I'm six months pregnant and I realize all the things I "need" to do before this baby gets here....and while I still have three months I also know those months will be filled with work and grad school and other things too. During the two years we tried to get pregnant I thought a lot about making a baby scrapbook. So many of my friends have these cute pregnancy scrapbooks instead of traditional baby books. I love them. I've thought and thought about how I want to do one.....but I have yet to do anything. This really shouldn't shock anyone though since the last scrapbook I did was for my senior year in high school--and I didn't even finish out the whole year...I think it stops in about March or April.
I want to make a cute, simple scrapbook that details this time in our lives though.....from the first picture:
to the pics of how we told my parents, the ultrasounds, a page about me (the mommy) and Josh (the daddy), pics of my growing belly, baby showers and of course the hospital pics for once this little miracle arrives.
The truth is that I don't even really know where to begin scrapbooking though. I guess I need to get a scrapbook and some paper.....but otherwise I have no idea how to attach all the stuff or what the current trends in scrapbooking are...
If you are a scrapbook queen and would allow me to come and peer at your creations and learn how to do this then that would be awesome. Let me know and I'll clear a place on a plate...I mean, a place in my schedule and come be inspired.


6 comments:
I have no creative ability, so I can't help you there. Call Emily Parker. She's great at scrapbooking!
Even though scrapbooking has taken a backseat in my life, you can come and visit me! I would LOVE to help you! :)
Hey girl,
My friend Elizabeth from church is amazing at it, but she has her own business making them. She's made a couple of baby book scrapbooks like you're talking about aleady. If you get to the point where you want someone else to do it for you, let me know and I'll get you her number. You can see her stuff on her website:http://www.outoftheboxscrapbooking.com/
Love you, S
hey there! did not know you are pregnant! congratulations! and very cool of you to not find out the gender... i wish i could have done that, but i just couldn't stand not knowing :-) best wishes!
So excited for you both. Miss you.
For the busy working woman who still wants to scrapbook, you can make scrapbooks online and then they will send them to you once you have all your pictures and captions loaded. I have a mac so we use the mac website but the books turn out beautiful. Just a thought. I know it's hard to actually sit down and scrapbook.
Post a Comment