Saturday, June 23, 2007

You'd better Belize It....

Well, we've been back from Belize for a few weeks and I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures. It turns out that grad school is a little more time consuming than I thought.
Anyway, Belize was amazing. It was probably the best vacation we've ever been on. The country is beautiful and the people are friendly. We had so much fun relaxing, snorkeling and exploring.

This is a picture we took of ourselves our first day in Belize. Please notice how incredibly pale we both are. The next day we would spend 2 hours snorkelling and return to the resort redder than red. It was a bad sunburn....like I can't sit down or wear pants bad.....however, the snorkel trip was so amazing that it was totally worth it.


This is the front of the casita we stayed in. It was our own little thatched roof house for the week. It was amazing. So amazing that I told Josh if we ever build a custom home I want a master bathroom just like the casita's....


We spent a great deal of time on these chairs under this umbrella---especially after the sunburn. This was directly in front of our little casita.



We went on a tour and they told us we had to ride across a river on a ferry.....we were quite surprised when we realized this was the ferry. The guy standing on it just turned a crank to pull the boat across the river.


5 comments:

Marcy said...

Belize looks beautiful! I'm so jealous... I'm glad you & Josh had such a great vacation!

Carole said...

I'm totally jealous too! Glad y'all had a great time!

Sharee Forman said...

Sooo-hooo fun!! Can I go? Seriously, I want the phone # or website or something. So glad you guys got to get away for a while for some great R&R. Would love to see you soon!

The Rowe Crew said...

SO jealous!!! You look fabulous - I guess a little fun in the sun treated you right :o)

I don't know if you saw my earlier comment, but I'd love to see you too!!!

Sharee Forman said...

We just stayed in the Westin right off the strip. We got a grrrreat deal on priceline!! :) Hey, let's hang out soon. I'm tired of saying that and then not doing it. :)